Meditation/Mindfulness Classes for Children and Teenagers.
The new term will commence on 3rd March 2020. The benefits of meditation/mindfulness for children and teenagers are immense. Some benefits include:-
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps with concentration and attention in school
- Provides the tools to help self soothe when emotionally upset
- Improves sleep
- Gives the child/teenager time away from social media and helps to rest the mind
- Can help with self esteem and build confidence (especially importance when coming into the teenage years)
- Generates gentleness and kindness and more empathy for other people
Dates: 3rd, 10th, 24th, 31st March 7th, 21st, 28th April 2020
Children aged 9-12 – 4.30pm-5.15pm
Teenagers aged 13-18 – 8pm-9pm
Cost: This is a drop in class. €10 per class.
These classes are interactive and fun. The use of body movement, art and learning mantras forms a big part of the class. Tools and techniques to help to self-soothe is also an important aspect of these classes.
These classes would be great for teenagers who are in exam years.
Class is limited to 12 children and 10 teenagers so early booking is advisable.