Meditation/Mindfulness Classes for Children and Teenagers.
These very popular classes will resume in September 2019 - dates to follow. The benefits of meditation/mindfulness for children and teenagers are immense. Some benefits include:-
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps with concentration and attention in school
- Provides the tools to help self soothe when emotionally upset
- Improves sleep
- Gives the child/teenager time away from social media and helps to rest the mind
- Can help with self esteem and build confidence (especially importance when coming into the teenage years)
- Generates gentleness and kindness and more empathy for other people
Dates: 10th, 17th Sept, 1st, 8th, 15th, 22 October, 5th, 12th and 19th Nov.
Children aged 9-12 – 4.30pm-5.15pm
Teenagers aged 13-18 – 8pm-9pm
Dates: 10th, 17th Sept, 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd Oct, 5th, 12th, 19th Nov.
These classes are interactive and fun. The use of body movement, art and learning mantras forms a big part of the class. Tools and techniques to help to self-soothe is also an important aspect of these classes.
Class is limited to 8 children and 10 teenagers so early booking is advisable.